Saturday, June 11, 2011

First two collections are now on Amazon!

Greetings!  My name is Geoffrey Ivar and my passion lies in translating classic Japanese stories into English.  I pick classic, well-known Japanese authors (many of whom have never been translated into English) and I make a selection of their stories available on the Amazon Kindle and other devices.
I put my first two collections of stories on the Kindle last week.  Be sure to pick them up soon at 99 cents each, because I will be raising the prices on them within the month.  Here is a description of the first two books that are available:

The Hole and Other Stories:
This is a collection of three short supernatural stories by the classic Japanese writer Ikujirou Ran. The included stories are: The Hole, The Man Who Held His Breath and Solitude.

The Hole: Rail-road workers are called to the scene of an accident on the tracks, and are confronted with a mystery.
The Man Who Held His Breath: Although some people have strange hobbies, Mizushima's hobby is holding his breath.
Solitude: Can there be true solitude in public? Two men struggle to answer this question in a quaint coffee shop.

The Secret of the Fish and Other Stories:
Three rare, classic supernatural short stories by Japanese author Kotarou Tanaka (1880 - 1941), translated into English.  The stories included are

Moths
The Soldier Who Vanished Into Thin Air
The Secret of the Fish

For the latest notifications about my translated works, please follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/GeoffreyIvar.  Also, for an updated list of my books on Amazon, please check out www.tinyurl.com/GeoffreyIvar.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment